The Mission of the SVM
- To promote and advance the disciplines of Vascular Medicine and Vascular Biology.
- To stimulate the formation of Vascular Medicine training programs and to foster formal vascular research and educational activities for medical students, residents, and fellows.
- To promulgate standards for post-graduate continuing medical educational criteria.
- To promote the establishment of clinical Center-of-Excellence for the diagnosis and treatment of vascular diseases and to promote optimal standards of care.
- To provide an advisory role to educational institutions, government agencies, and health care policy makers.