The mission of the Society for Vascular Medicine is to promote and advance the discipline of vascular medicine and the care of patients with vascular disease by:
- Establishing standards for post-graduate training and stimulating the formation of vascular medicine training programs.
- Developing educational activities including continuing medical education programs for trainees and health care providers.
- Fostering research in vascular medicine and biology.
- Promoting interdisciplinary clinical excellence in the diagnosis and treatment of vascular disease through the creation of care standards and by engaging in quality improvement activities.
- Serving an advisory role to educational institutions, government agencies, and other health care organizations.