Jay D. Coffman Young Investigators Award
In honor of Jay D. Coffman (1928-2006), distinguished internist and researcher of vascular medicine and clinical cardiology, SVM sponsors an annual award in vascular medicine research.
Eligibility & Applications
- To be considered for the Jay D. Coffman Young Investigator (YI) Award, applicants submitted an abstract that was selected as an outstanding submission.
- Applicants must be a graduate student, postdoctoral fellow, research fellow or junior faculty (within three years of completing training).
- A letter from the applicant's supervisor/training director must attest to the applicant's training level and level of involvement in the work related to the abstract.
- Complimentary registration for the 2019 SVM Scientific Sessions
- Air travel and hotel accommodations
Awards will be given for outstanding presentations in the following two categories:
- Basic Science
- Clinical Science/Epidemiology
Winners will receive cash prizes.